Handy Hits $1 Million Bookings per Week for Cleaning Services

Handy.com a platform that provides mobile and online household services has vastly grown and is getting big numbers from their weekly bookings. The number of bookings per week has already hit $1 million just two years after its launch. The chief operating officer of the company, Umang Dua says that from the run rate they have grown from $3 million to $52 million.

For the founders of Handy, Oisin Hanrahan, and Umang Dua, the existence of new on-demand service economy is offering better models for the consumers as well as the service experts. Hanrahan says that since the implementation of the new mobile app, cleaners sees it like an ATM machine lying in their pockets.

Handy charges between $15 and $22 per hour for all professional cleaning. The amount averages to $18 per hour and allows one to make a choice of the working hours and earn a good hourly wage. The idea of customers booking for the services using their mobile phone has become more comfortable for everyone. Also, through the mandatory background checks on national and county level and the onboarding process, service professionals on Handy are thoroughly evaluated.

Hanrahan says that the platform provided by Handy can remotely control many households. He added that they aim to get to a point where they will be able to carry out all the services from all the categories in an instantaneous book kind of a way. The company targets and sees itself providing other services apart from home cleaning even though the revenue coming from the household cleaning services is increasing by the day. 85% of the incomes flowing to handy comes from the cleaning services while the remaining 15% comes from the few plumbing services offered and handyman services.

Handy is offering their services in over 25 cities in the United States, 2 in Canada and also in London. They got over 200,000 applicants who required potential cleaners as well as handymen. The company also has more than 5,000 professional on board who in a month at least completes one job.

About handy

Handy is a top platform that helps to connect people who require household services with qualified, and pre-vetted independent service providers. The services include home cleaning, handyman services as well as plumbing. Handy, formerly known as Handybook, was founded by Oisin Hanrahan and Umang Dua in the year 2012 after they noticed the unattended needs in the United States. Handy’s services can be accessed through their new mobile app, and this makes it the most convenient and easiest way to book for any home service.